Hi there, Iām Richard, and welcome to Beauty Business Journal, a community for entrepreneurs, indie founders, marketers, and industry professionals. Every week I address reader questions about marketing, digital, growth, strategy, and anything else thatās stressing you out in your business. Send me your questions and in return Iāll share actionable insights and advice. š
Q: Iām thinking about the future growth of my company. I’m aware of the obvious ways to grow, like social media ads, using influencers, email marketing etc, but what else should I be thinking about when it comes to creating awareness for my cosmetics brand? How do consumers discover new beauty and cosmetic products?
In the past consumers primarily discovered new products through traditional advertising channels ā TV, press, billboards and magazines were still the most common routes to new product discovery. However, this is no longer the case.
With so much media fragmentation, the increasing importance of social media in peopleās lives, and the continued investment in omni-channel commerce, brands have been forced to consider what a typical customer journey may look like.
So howĀ doĀ people become aware of new products?
What is Beauty Business Journal?
Ideas. Frameworks. Community.
TodayāsĀ business owners, CEOās, directors and commercial teamsĀ have only 1% of their week to dedicate to learning. They want knowledge from peers and experts, information from those at the forefront. They need to make every moment count.
The question: What areĀ YOUĀ doing with your 1%?
Inside Beauty Business Journal youāll get access to industry knowledge and analysis delivered via weekly interactive emails, including data-led insights, deep-dives into key areas like technology, retail, marketing, strategy and media, plus a community of professionals just like you.
Weāre building the beauty community of tomorrow, making it easier to learn, grow and connect with industry peers.
Already a Member? Sign in here
(*or equivalent Ā£7/ā¬8 per month)
(*or equivalent Ā£72/ā¬82 per year)
Save 16% if you pay annually
When you join Beauty Business Journal, you get instant access to the following:
- Podcast & Written Content. Instant access to over 3 years worth of thought leadership. We deep dive into the trends and topics that modern businesses are confronting daily.
- Processes/Frameworks: We share the most effective processes and strategies our team have studied and learned from over the years. Frameworks used by some of the most successful brands in the industry. Designed to help you create effective go-to-market strategies, build a stronger brand presence, convert more customers, improve ecommerce infrastructure ā we share it all, so you walk away with actionable takeaways every time. (Think Charlotte Tilbury, Hero Cosmetics, Harrys, Beautyworld Middle East, etc.)
- Weekly Interactive Emails. Critical analysis on trending and popular topics in the beauty industry.
- Our Weekly Round-Up Email. Our weekly briefing, featuring agenda setting news & analysis.
- Beauty Business Journal Community. Connect with industry professionals like you in our Facebook group (Retailers, Marketers, Manufacturers, Distributors, Entrepreneurs).
- Ask Me Anything. WeĀ do open AMAs and then answer questions on the podcast.
- No Risk. No Commitment. Itās $10. That’s the equivalent of buying two coffees a month. And, our aim is to deliver more value than youād get from a course or event youād typically pay 10-20x that for. Thatās our goal. Plus, you can cancel at any time.
Who is the Beauty Business Journal community for?
Our members are entrepreneurs, indie founders, commercial management within multinational organisations, sales and marketing professionals, venture capitalists, investors, agencies and consultants, from over 135 countries. They are serious professionals who have built brands or are on a journey to doing so.
Inside, youāll have access to the resources and community you need to become a better business operator.Ā
Join thousands of members like you gaining the edge with Beauty Business Journal, from companies including:
What People Say?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get My Membership Paid For?
We wanted to make it easier to get your Beauty Business Journal membership paid for by your company if you arenāt already. When you join, you’ll get a template that you can send to your manager or CFO so you can have your company expense your membership.
Our pitch to you (or your manager) is that if this membership can help you make one better decision each year, itāll pay for itself. And if it doesnāt, you can cancel anytime.
Can I Buy A Subscription For My Team?
Yes! Please fill out the formĀ here.
Can I Give A Subscription As Gift?
Yes! PleaseĀ visit this page.
Can I Switch To An Annual Plan?
Yes! Just go toĀ your account pageĀ and select the annual plan. You will be charged immediately, and your plan will be extended a year from your existing expiration data (for example, if your monthly plan is set to expire on October 31, and you switch to an annual plan on March 15, your expiration date will be extended to October 31 of the following year).
Do You Have A Student Discount?
Beauty Business Journal is purposely kept at a low price ā thousands of dollars less than other publications or newsletters ā to ensure it is accessible to everyone, including students.
How Do I Cancel My Subscription?
Weād hate to lose you, but you can choose to deactivate your membership in your member profile. You can enjoy Beauty Business Journal for the duration of your membership, and it will be cancelled when it expires. If you cancel, there are no refunds for your existing subscription.
*Subscriptions are non-transferable. Login details and any Beauty Business Journal content may not be shared or reproduced. Please note that all subscriptions auto-renew monthly/annually (but can beĀ cancelledĀ at any time). To give Beauty Business Journal as a giftĀ click here. If you are interested in ordering and managing multiple subscriptions for your team or company, please fill in the formĀ here.
Updated July 2021