12 Min Read|
Tiny, high-power beauty devices are having a big impact. As more beauty tech firms invest in handheld or portable replacements for conventional salon services, weâre looking at a new future: one in which salons and spas will have to find a new USP.
The relationship between beauty services and brick-and-mortar service providers has been steady throughout the evolution of the beauty and wellness industries. High end beauty establishments and high street salons have both existed as ideal venues from which a vast array of companies can offer services, treatments, or particular salon-quality products. And salon clients have been a ripe and ready market for brands to reach. But the shift away from physical spaces has been accelerated by Covid-19 â and now, tech that enables companies to reach their clients directly is gaining traction.
Online platforms and apps, along with an explosion of devices that recreate salon effects at home, mean that beauty service providers are less dependent on their relationships with physical shops and spas.
The Pandemic Push
Iâve written before about the way that beauty tech has…
What is Beauty Business Journal?
Ideas. Frameworks. Community.
TodayâsÂ business owners, CEOâs, directors and commercial teamsÂ have only 1% of their week to dedicate to learning. They want knowledge from peers and experts, information from those at the forefront. They need to make every moment count.
The question: What areÂ YOUÂ doing with your 1%?
Inside Beauty Business Journal youâll get access to industry knowledge and analysis delivered via weekly interactive emails, including data-led insights, deep-dives into key areas like technology, retail, marketing, strategy and media, plus a community of professionals just like you.
Weâre building the beauty community of tomorrow, making it easier to learn, grow and connect with industry peers.
Already a Member? Sign in here
(*or equivalent ÂŁ7/âŹ8 per month)
(*or equivalent ÂŁ72/âŹ82 per year)
Save 16% if you pay annually
When you join Beauty Business Journal, you get instant access to the following:
- Podcast & Written Content. Instant access to over 3 years worth of thought leadership. We deep dive into the trends and topics that modern businesses are confronting daily.
- Processes/Frameworks: We share the most effective processes and strategies our team have studied and learned from over the years. Frameworks used by some of the most successful brands in the industry. Designed to help you create effective go-to-market strategies, build a stronger brand presence, convert more customers, improve ecommerce infrastructure â we share it all, so you walk away with actionable takeaways every time. (Think Charlotte Tilbury, Hero Cosmetics, Harrys, Beautyworld Middle East, etc.)
- Weekly Interactive Emails. Critical analysis on trending and popular topics in the beauty industry.
- Our Weekly Round-Up Email. Our weekly briefing, featuring agenda setting news & analysis.
- Beauty Business Journal Community. Connect with industry professionals like you in our Facebook group (Retailers, Marketers, Manufacturers, Distributors, Entrepreneurs).
- Ask Me Anything. WeÂ do open AMAs and then answer questions on the podcast.
- No Risk. No Commitment. Itâs $10. That’s the equivalent of buying two coffees a month. And, our aim is to deliver more value than youâd get from a course or event youâd typically pay 10-20x that for. Thatâs our goal. Plus, you can cancel at any time.
Who is the Beauty Business Journal community for?
Our members are entrepreneurs, indie founders, commercial management within multinational organisations, sales and marketing professionals, venture capitalists, investors, agencies and consultants, from over 135 countries. They are serious professionals who have built brands or are on a journey to doing so.
Inside, youâll have access to the resources and community you need to become a better business operator.Â
Join thousands of members like you gaining the edge with Beauty Business Journal, from companies including:
What People Say?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get My Membership Paid For?
We wanted to make it easier to get your Beauty Business Journal membership paid for by your company if you arenât already. When you join, you’ll get a template that you can send to your manager or CFO so you can have your company expense your membership.
Our pitch to you (or your manager) is that if this membership can help you make one better decision each year, itâll pay for itself. And if it doesnât, you can cancel anytime.
Can I Buy A Subscription For My Team?
Yes! Please fill out the formÂ here.
Can I Give A Subscription As Gift?
Yes! PleaseÂ visit this page.
Can I Switch To An Annual Plan?
Yes! Just go toÂ your account pageÂ and select the annual plan. You will be charged immediately, and your plan will be extended a year from your existing expiration data (for example, if your monthly plan is set to expire on October 31, and you switch to an annual plan on March 15, your expiration date will be extended to October 31 of the following year).
Do You Have A Student Discount?
Beauty Business Journal is purposely kept at a low price â thousands of dollars less than other publications or newsletters â to ensure it is accessible to everyone, including students.
How Do I Cancel My Subscription?
Weâd hate to lose you, but you can choose to deactivate your membership in your member profile. You can enjoy Beauty Business Journal for the duration of your membership, and it will be cancelled when it expires. If you cancel, there are no refunds for your existing subscription.
*Subscriptions are non-transferable. Login details and any Beauty Business Journal content may not be shared or reproduced. Please note that all subscriptions auto-renew monthly/annually (but can beÂ cancelledÂ at any time). To give Beauty Business Journal as a giftÂ click here. If you are interested in ordering and managing multiple subscriptions for your team or company, please fill in the formÂ here.
Updated July 2021