Hi there, Iām Richard, and welcome to Beauty Business Journal, a community for entrepreneurs, indie founders, marketers, and industry professionals. Every week I address reader questions about marketing, digital, growth, strategy, and anything else thatās stressing you out in your business. Send me your questions and in return Iāll share actionable insights and advice. š
Q: I’m a brand owner in the CBD cosmetics space. To generate awareness for my brand we’ve been focused on SEO and writing content, but we’re struggling to stand out in an increasingly crowded and noisy marketplace. What can I do to improve my content so it really ranks on search platforms?
One of the biggest challenges that cosmetics brands, and content marketers within the beauty industry encounter is creating content thatās optimized to satisfy search engine algorithms, but at the same time also appeals to real people.
If you want to drive traffic to your website and build your audience, youāll need to become smarter about how you approach your content ā and this can be done primarily through SEO copywriting.
Search engine optimisation may sound complicated, but if you understand first and foremost that you should create content for people and not search engines, then you are starting out on the right path.
To truly succeed, your cosmetics business must go beyond simply āwriting content.ā
So, how do you develop content that meets both goals? How do you write content that ranks on search platforms and also appeals to real people?
What is Beauty Business Journal?
Ideas. Frameworks. Community.
Thought-leadership and marketing education for tactical executors, brand builders, and changemakers.
We help beauty industry marketers save time on research and share ideas on how to increase revenue.
A communityĀ to learn, grow and connect with industry peers.
Already a Member? Sign in here
(*or equivalent Ā£7/ā¬8 per month)
(*or equivalent Ā£72/ā¬82 per year)
Save 16% if you pay annually
When you join Beauty Business Journal, you get instant access to the following:
- Beauty Business Journal Community: This is a place to connect with other Beauty Business Journal members, ask questions, and get valuable input and feedback from peers.
- Processes/Frameworks: We share the most effective processes and strategies our team have studied and learned from over the years. Frameworks used by some of the most successful brands in the industry. Designed to help you create effective go-to-market strategies, build a stronger brand presence, convert more customers, improve ecommerce infrastructure ā we share it all, so you walk away with actionable takeaways every time. (Think Charlotte Tilbury, Hero Cosmetics, Harrys, Beautyworld Middle East, etc.)
- Written Content: Instant access to over 3 yearsā worth of thought leadership. We deep dive into the trends and topics that modern businesses are confronting daily.
- Our Weekly Round-Up Email: A newsletter packed with tips, insights and opportunities to build your business. Our weekly briefing, featuring agenda setting news & analysis.
- Ask Me Anything: We do open AMAs and then answer questions on the podcast.
- No Risk. No Commitment: Itās $10. That’s the equivalent of buying two coffees a month. And, our aim is to deliver more value than youād get from a course or event youād typically pay 10-20x that for. Thatās our goal. Plus, you can cancel at any time.
We’ve prepared an email script that you can send to your CFO.
Who is the Beauty Business Journal Community For?
The community is for strategic thinkers, tactical executors and brand builders who are building modern brands and seeking to understand changing market dynamics. Itās a space to ask questions, start important discussions, and expand your knowledge.
Inside, youāll have access to the resources and community you need to become a better business operator.
Join thousands of members like you gaining the edge with Beauty Business Journal, from companies including:
What People Say?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get My Membership Paid For?
We wanted to make it easier to get your Beauty Business Journal membership paid for by your company if you arenāt already. When you join, you’ll get a template that you can send to your manager or CFO so you can have your company expense your membership.
Our pitch to you (or your manager) is that if this membership can help you make one better decision each year, itāll pay for itself. And if it doesnāt, you can cancel anytime.
Can I Buy A Subscription For My Team?
Yes! Please fill out the formĀ here.
Can I Give A Subscription As Gift?
Yes! PleaseĀ visit this page.
Can I Switch To An Annual Plan?
Yes! Just go toĀ your account pageĀ and select the annual plan. You will be charged immediately, and your plan will be extended a year from your existing expiration data (for example, if your monthly plan is set to expire on October 31, and you switch to an annual plan on March 15, your expiration date will be extended to October 31 of the following year).
Do You Have A Student Discount?
Beauty Business Journal is purposely kept at a low price ā thousands of dollars less than other publications or newsletters ā to ensure it is accessible to everyone, including students.
How Do I Cancel My Subscription?
Weād hate to lose you, but you can choose to deactivate your membership in your member profile. You can enjoy Beauty Business Journal for the duration of your membership, and it will be cancelled when it expires. If you cancel, there are no refunds for your existing subscription.
*Subscriptions are non-transferable. Login details and any Beauty Business Journal content may not be shared or reproduced. Please note that all subscriptions auto-renew monthly/annually (but can beĀ cancelledĀ at any time). To give Beauty Business Journal as a giftĀ click here. If you are interested in ordering and managing multiple subscriptions for your team or company, please fill in the formĀ here.
Updated December 2022